MONEY Magazine announced their Best Places to Live in America list this week and 11 Vision customers were named in the top 50 cities.
MONEY goes through an exhaustive process to rank the cities. First, they started with a list of towns and cities with populations between 50,000 and 300,000 which gave them a pool of 823 cities. Then, they narrowed the list by:
- Eliminating the 100 places with the lowest predicted job growth, the 200 communities with the most crime and any place without a strong sense of ethnic diversity
- Comparing 60 data points including economic factors such as median property value, median household income and low tax rates, and other factors such as accessibility to health care, culture, strong public schools and sports
- Limiting the list to no more than 4 places per state and one per county
Reporters spent time in each of the top 50 towns, interviewed residents, checked out neighborhoods and searched for intangible factors that aren’t visible in statistics. The final result was a ranked listing of the top 50 communities.
While having a great-looking, user-friendly website is not one of the selection criteria, each of the communities represented on MONEY’s list are doing a better than average job with their online presence. In fact, Vision partnered with 11 of the top 50 communities and helped them develop their websites and digital “front doors”.
Congratulations to the 11 Vision customers on MONEY’s 2016 list of Best Places to Live!
- #2 - Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- #4 - West Des Moines, Iowa
- #12 - Pflugerville, Texas
- #17 - Eastvale, California
- #23 - Franklin Township, New Jersey
- #24 - Appleton, Wisconsin
- #27 - Hoffman Estates, Illinois
- #36 – Wellington, Florida
- #37 - Cary, North Carolina
- #47 - Ames, Iowa
- #49 - West Chester, Ohio
Each of these communities have demonstrated that they care about and listen to their residents, and deserve the recognition as Best Places to Live.
At Vision, we specialize in helping agencies research and implement user-focused improvements, and are always happy to discuss your particular needs. Request a free consultation now.