As 2015 comes to a close and we open the door to 2016, it’s common to start making plans and goals for the New Year. Instead of joining the hoards of people headed to the gym January 1st, you might want to consider creating a list of resolutions for your local government website. It might not help you shed holiday pounds, but setting goals will help set your website on the right track.
Here’s a list of 10 resolutions to help you get started:
- Focus on understanding our customers’ needs
- Update our websites based on customers’ needs and behaviors
- Make our websites more accessible
- Follow content strategy best practices
- Write content that is plain, simple and direct
- Purge old and out-of-date content
- Regularly review and analyze our website statistics
- Pay more attention to our mobile users
- Strive to keep our website fresh and relevant
- Delight our website visitors
Happy New Year to all of our customers, friends and family. We look forward to helping you achieve your resolutions in 2016.
At Vision, we specialize in helping agencies research and implement user-focused improvements, and are always happy to discuss your particular needs. Request a free consultation now.